Morgue employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap

Beaumont, Texas | An employee of the Jefferson County morgue died this morning after being accidentally cremated by one of his coworkers.

According to the Beaumont Police Department, 48-year old Henri Paul Johnson decided to take a nap on a stretcher after working for sixteen hours straight.

While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year-old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory.

Before anyone could notice the mistake, he had already been exposed to temperatures ranging between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and reduced to ashes.

Jenna Davis, one of Henri Johnson’s coworkers, says she heard him scream for about 15 seconds after the crematory was activated.

“At first, we didn’t understand where the sound was coming from. When we realised what was happening, it was too late. We shut down the heating system, but he was already dead.”

Ms. Davis claims that the young coworker who caused the accident was a new employee and had forgotten to check for the toe tag to make sure he had the right body.


Jenna Davis says she heard the victim scream in agony as the crematory was reducing him to ashes.

The police have opened an investigation to determine the exact circumstances surrounding Mr. Johnson’s death.

Investigators have not ruled out the possibility of filing criminal charges against the employee who caused his death.

The young man could possibly be accused of criminal negligence causing death.

6 Comments on "Morgue employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap"

  1. I’d burn for weeks.

  2. 1000 way to die!

  3. The poor man, that’s horrible! This is the stuff nightmares are made of!

    • On the plus side, he was a marijuana and LSD slammer, neighbors reported a drop in crime and many people in the streets for days after holding hands and singing Kumbaya and watching reruns of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. So his death, tho tragic, was not in vain.

  4. bob sausagegobbler | September 22, 2018 at 11:01 pm | Reply

    This would never happen at a sausage factory. Think about it for a second.

  5. “Somebody call maintenance to come check the gas connection. It screamed for 15 seconds before finally stopping.”

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.