Man kicked out of all-you-can-eat buffet after eating more than 50 lbs of food, sues for $2-million

Springfield, MA| A man from Massachusetts is suing Golden Corral Corporation for 2 million dollars for false advertising after being literally thrown out of one of the chain’s restaurants by the employees last Thursday.

According to witnesses, the 51-year-old man who lives on welfare was expelled from the restaurant after he then spent more than 7 hours on-site, ingesting a quantity of food which has been estimated between 50 and 70 pounds.

Despite the fact that the restaurant advertised the buffet as “all-you-can-eat”, the manager of the establishment seems to have lost patience at some point, telling him that his meal would be free but asking him to leave.

The manager’s intervention angered Mr. Fleming, and a brief altercation took place before he was finally pushed out of the restaurant.

He immediately called the police and filed a complaint against the restaurant, and he intends to make the people responsible for his mistreatment, pay for their actions.

“It’s a serious injustice, and I am deeply insulted!” Mr. Flemmings told reporters.

“With my income, I rarely go to the restaurant, so I try to get as much as I can for my money when I do. This was the worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. Not only did they kick me out while I was still hungry, but they looked at me like I was disgusting, like I was not even worthy of eating there! It’s unacceptable, and I demand a compensation!”

goldencorral

Mr. Flemming says the employee of the Golden Corral did not use any insulting language, but he claims that the disgust that was visible on their faces has left him with some deep emotional wounds.

The direction of the restaurant chain quickly issued a press release announcing that the decision to expel Mr. Flemmings was a regrettable personal initiative from an overzealous franchise manager.

They also said that some financial indemnities had been offered to compensate the damage suffered by the victim, but had been refused.

Mr. Flemmings confirmed that he had been offered a significant amount of money by the company, but he is convinced that he can get more if he goes to court.

The primary hearing, in this case, should take place on March 7, at the Springfield District Court.

5 Comments on "Man kicked out of all-you-can-eat buffet after eating more than 50 lbs of food, sues for $2-million"

  1. This is the 5th level of thickness. Other known as Damn! He could of eaten the entire cow and still been hungry…. I’m on welfare as a single mom. But I sure as hell don’t want to stay on it any longer than I have to… people like him abuse the system and ruin it for the rest of us….

  2. How the hell did they ‘literally’ toss him out of that place? If he sat down, I doubt a forklift could move him, how could they push him out?

  3. He was clearly taking advantage as he is doing with being on welfare. The taxpayers don’t work hard and pay taxes so that he can gorge himself to the point where he’s unable to work. The restaurant is in business to make money, perhaps he would understand that if he worked for his own money instead of sitting on his lazy ass living off the taxpayers.

  4. He over did it, just that simple! And he shouldn’t have refused the money offered, he should have taken it and checked himself into a weight loss facility. I see disgust on my face as well!

  5. Obviously all you can eat doesn’t mean an all day trip. He should have paid more than what he did. And he should’ve known that doesn’t mean let’s sit there for 7 hours in a day. The manager should have handled the situation differently. Maybe the manager should have called the cops and let them handle the situation.

Leave a Reply to Alana Smith Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.


*