A Florida man is being hospitalized after he mistook several pounds of laundry detergent at a local laundromat for cocaine.
Mario Iglesias, 47, a Miami resident, claims that he had been partying for the past week when he decided to take a break and wash his clothes at the nearby laundromat.
Iglesias admits his use of drugs and alcohol may have impaired his judgment at the time.
“I’d been snorting for days so when I saw a bag of cocaine lying next to me at the laundromat I just shoved my face in it and started snorting” Mario Iglesias, 47, told the reporters.
“I definitely had a high from snorting the detergent but I realized something was wrong when I started bleeding from my eyes, ears and nails” Mario Iglesias added, visibly happy to be alive.
Iglesias also said that the detergent had several unexpected secondary effects.
“I had this huge erection for days. The nurses seemed to be very impressed” Iglesias added laughingly.
In 2019, a similar case occurred after a man was hospitalized after snorting 10 pounds of flour believing it was cocaine.