Morgue employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap

morgueemployee

Beaumont, Texas | An employee of the Jefferson County morgue died this morning, after being accidentally cremated by one of his coworkers.

According to the Beaumont Police Department, 48-year old Henri Paul Johnson decided to take a nap on a stretcher after working for sixteen hours straight.

While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory.

Before anyone could notice the mistake, he had already been exposed to temperatures ranging between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and reduced to ashes.

Jenna Davis, one of Henri Johnson’s coworkers, says she heard him scream for about 15 seconds after the crematory was activated.

“At first, we didn’t understand where the sound was coming from. When we realised what was happening, it was too late. We shut down the heating system, but he was already dead.”

Ms. Davis claims that the young coworker who caused the accident was a new employee, and had forgotten to check for the toe tag to make sure he had the right body.

morguedeath

Jenna Davis says she heard the victim scream in agony as the crematory was reducing him to ashes.

The police has opened an investigation to determine the exact circumstances surrounding Mr Johnson’s death.

Investigators have not ruled out the possibility of filing criminal charges against the employee who caused his death.

The young man could possibly be accused of criminal negligence causing death.

10 Comments on "Morgue employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap"

  1. What type of clothes was the victim wearing? Probably shoes? Would not a corpse ready to be cremated look a certain way and easily discernible from a worker? Certainly not wearing shoes or at least socks???

  2. How you not notice your own co-worker. And a dead body is naked before being cremated I thought.. The co-worker I’m sure had clothes on..This is not making sense to me. I have never worked in a morgue before so I don’t know but it’s not making any sense at all!!

  3. I could’ve sworn the dead body’s are clothless before they even go in to the fire. You have to have everything off before going in there.

  4. Megan fruits | June 26, 2017 at 7:42 am | Reply

    I was not there I don’t know what happened but I have a feeling it was not a accident it was planned probably about life insurance or a issue with his co worker even if it was a “accident”he should still pay for this man’s death

  5. Surely the body would’ve been in a coffin, following the funeral service. In England the whole lot goes in , apart from the metal screws and handles. It’s certainly negligent, at best.

  6. Wonder if the family will be charged for his cost of cremation ?

  7. I’m sure his face wasn’t covered on the cart. If they worked together don’t you think he would know what his co-worker looks like??? Sounds suspicious to me.

  8. I thought the bodies should be either nude or in a body bag of some sort…not fully clothed.

  9. Naked×

  10. Sooo was named??? Didnt know they cremated people fully clothes!

Leave a Reply to Margaret Doherty Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.


*