Morgue employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap

morgueemployee

Beaumont, Texas | An employee of the Jefferson County morgue died this morning, after being accidentally cremated by one of his coworkers.

According to the Beaumont Police Department, 48-year old Henri Paul Johnson decided to take a nap on a stretcher after working for sixteen hours straight.

While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory.

Before anyone could notice the mistake, he had already been exposed to temperatures ranging between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and reduced to ashes.

Jenna Davis, one of Henri Johnson’s coworkers, says she heard him scream for about 15 seconds after the crematory was activated.

“At first, we didn’t understand where the sound was coming from. When we realised what was happening, it was too late. We shut down the heating system, but he was already dead.”

Ms. Davis claims that the young coworker who caused the accident was a new employee, and had forgotten to check for the toe tag to make sure he had the right body.

morguedeath

Jenna Davis says she heard the victim scream in agony as the crematory was reducing him to ashes.

The police has opened an investigation to determine the exact circumstances surrounding Mr Johnson’s death.

Investigators have not ruled out the possibility of filing criminal charges against the employee who caused his death.

The young man could possibly be accused of criminal negligence causing death.

10 Comments on "Morgue employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap"

  1. find better place to take a nap.

  2. Yes i wonder why he didnt wake up on way to cremator.

  3. Contrary Mary | March 3, 2017 at 8:26 pm | Reply

    This sound too strange to have actually happened. Are bodies ready for cremation usually naked and covered in a sheet or a shroud? And why did the sleeping man not wake up when the cart started to move?

  4. Sleeping on the job can get you Fired!

  5. There is something in the water not clean.. who would cremate someone with there clothes on. The guy had to. E have be sedated.

Leave a Reply to Margaret Doherty Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.


*