Man kicked out of all-you-can-eat buffet after eating more than 50 lbs of food, sues for $2-million

obesetim

Springfield| A man from Massachusetts is suing Golden Corral Corporation for 2 million dollars, for false advertising, after being literally thrown out of one of the chain’s restaurants by the employees, last Thursday.

According to witnesses, the 51 year old man who lives on welfare, was expelled from the restaurant after he then spent more than 7 hours on-site, ingesting a quantity of food which has been estimated between 50 and 70 pounds.

Despite the fact that the restaurant advertised the buffet as “all-you-can-eat”, the manager of the establishment seems to have  lost patience at some point, telling him that his meal would be free but asking him to leave. The manager’s intervention angered Mr Fleming, and  a brief altercation took place before he was finally pushed out of the restaurant.

He immediately called the police and filed a complaint against the restaurant, and he intends to make the people responsible for his mistreatment, pay for their actions.

“It’s a serious injustice, and I am deeply insulted!” Mr. Flemmings told reporters. “With my income, I rarely go to the restaurant, so I try to get as much as I can for my money when I do. This was the worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. Not only did they kick me out while I was still hungry, but they looked at me like I was disgusting, like I was not worthy of eating there! It’s unacceptable, and I demand a compensation!”

goldencorral

Mr Flemming says the employee of the Golden Corral did not use any insulting language, but he claims that the disgust that was visible on their faces has left him with some deep emotional wounds.

The direction of the restaurant chain quickly issued a press release announcing that the decision to expel Mr. Flemmings was a regrettable personal initiative from an overzealous franchise manager. They also said that some financial indemnities had been offered to compensate the damage suffered by the victim, but had been refused.

Mr Flemmings confirmed that he had been offered a significant amount of money by the company, but he is convinced that he can get more if he goes to court.

The primary hearing in this case should take place on March 7, at the Springfield District Court.

 

5 Comments on "Man kicked out of all-you-can-eat buffet after eating more than 50 lbs of food, sues for $2-million"

  1. I don’t know where all these experts making these comments come from but this man may have some medical issues that caused his obesity,not everyone who is obese became that way because they are lazy.I am sure he has some type of insurance and he needs a good doctor so his weight issue can be addressed,eating all of that food is not healthy,it may be all you can eat but that does not mean you need to attempt to eat everything there is.I hope he gets the help he need.

  2. SEVEN HOURS? That’s not a MEAL, that’s a shift at work!
    (Not that he would know)

  3. Marse Robert | April 13, 2017 at 1:36 am | Reply

    Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins

  4. He didnt overeat! He is just heavy on fuel!

  5. The sign may read “All you can eat” but it is intended to mean for one single meal! But overstaying seven hours? Come on! Who would go to a restaurant for breakfast expecting to spend seven hours and get out after dinner or even planning to stay there for supper in a single go, he is not making any sense!
    Was this guy going to force the restaurant to let him relocate to the premises because “All you can eat” means all he can eat for the rest of his life?
    This guy is a lazy “mothaf%[email protected]” who wants to abuse the system by suing just to see if he can get away with becoming rich without working!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*