Springfield| A man from Massachusetts is suing Golden Corral Corporation for 2 million dollars, for false advertising, after being literally thrown out of one of the chain’s restaurants by the employees, last Thursday.

According to witnesses, the 51 year old man who lives on welfare, was expelled from the restaurant after he then spent more than 7 hours on-site, ingesting a quantity of food which has been estimated between 50 and 70 pounds.

Despite the fact that the restaurant advertised the buffet as “all-you-can-eat”, the manager of the establishment seems to have  lost patience at some point, telling him that his meal would be free but asking him to leave. The manager’s intervention angered Mr Fleming, and  a brief altercation took place before he was finally pushed out of the restaurant.

He immediately called the police and filed a complaint against the restaurant, and he intends to make the people responsible for his mistreatment, pay for their actions.

“It’s a serious injustice, and I am deeply insulted!” Mr. Flemmings told reporters. “With my income, I rarely go to the restaurant, so I try to get as much as I can for my money when I do. This was the worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. Not only did they kick me out while I was still hungry, but they looked at me like I was disgusting, like I was not worthy of eating there! It’s unacceptable, and I demand a compensation!”

Mr Flemming says the employee of the Golden Corral did not use any insulting language, but he claims that the disgust that was visible on their faces has left him with some deep emotional wounds.

The direction of the restaurant chain quickly issued a press release announcing that the decision to expel Mr. Flemmings was a regrettable personal initiative from an overzealous franchise manager. They also said that some financial indemnities had been offered to compensate the damage suffered by the victim, but had been refused.

Mr Flemmings confirmed that he had been offered a significant amount of money by the company, but he is convinced that he can get more if he goes to court.

The primary hearing in this case should take place on March 7, at the Springfield District Court.

63 Comments on "Man kicked out of all-you-can-eat buffet after eating more than 50 lbs of food, sues for $2-million"

1. Hasn’t the guy heard about greed, portion control, self control? Post him off to a struggling nation where no one has all you can eat…

• Should have just rolled him on his back and walk away.

• This screams welfare reform! He should not be given enough welfare money to afford to go out to dinner EVER! You want luxuries like that, get a job. If your disability is obesity, shame on you! Stop eating my tax dollars and get a job. Otherwise you get enough food to sustain yourself and no more. Stop the fraud of our tax dollars.

• Nancy I find your comment very ignorant and frankly I feel bad for you. You obviously don’t know that obesity is an illness, not a choice. Obesity can have many effects on a person both physically and mentally and they may find it hard to find a job. Next time use your brain when you leave a comment or don’t leave one at all, b*tch.

• Fuck "Fuck Nancy" | February 15, 2016 at 6:55 pm |

Obesity is not an illness. It’s just people being lazy.

• "Fuck Nancy" and "Nancy" should think before they speak. | February 15, 2016 at 7:10 pm |

Nancy, stop overreacting. You’re not making any sense at all.
      I do agree that mr. Flemmings should find a job and get himself out of welfare, but if you can’t afford anything else apart from basic food with your welfare checks, how are you going to get out of welfare if you can’t find a job?

“Fuck Nancy”, you’re making even less sense.
      Obesity is not an illness.
      It is, however, a serious danger to your health (like smoking).
      The “cure” to obesity is a diet and exercise. Don’t make excuses.
      Sure, it might be “hard”, but lots of things are hard in life and you’ll just have to deal with them.

• The sign says all you can eat rite. Then let him eat till It’s closed . but he’s on welfare. so if he wins the case then he should never be allowed on welfare again. Problem solved

• This is just like a Simpson’s episode.
      Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, in your own words, please tell us what happened after you and your husband were ejected from the restaurant.
      Marge: We pretty much went straight home.
      Hutz: Remember, Mrs. Simpson, you’re still under oath.
      Marge: We drove around until 3:00 in the morning looking for another open all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant.
      Hutz: And when you couldn’t find any?
      Marge: (crying) We went fishing!
      Hutz: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, do these sound like the actions of a man who’s had ALL he could eat?
      Fat Juror: That could have been me!

• I am on SSI but my disability is i have a broken tail bone and my left leg was mangled in a work related accident, I have been deemed unemployable by a judge in court, Nancy are you telling me that if i wanted to treat myself out to a dinner that i should be ashamed of myself and get a job. You need to choose your words a little better.

• Shut up Nancy, you snide cunt.

• Don’t bars have the responsibility to restrict patrons from drinking who mihht be a danger to themselves or others?

• This is about overconsumption!! Regardless of his financial situation. No one should sit for hours at a time to eat themselves to deth! Then the Corral may have a suit on their hands towards this man. When you see someone endangering themselves!! what if he did eat himself to death who could wrap their hand around him to give a Heimlich??

• the world of sloven and glutteny have a new spokesman… by the time the courts are done with the case he will have died of a heart attack or the trailer hes living in has fallen into a sink hole

• its obvious this gigantically obese individual has no self control about anything.

• edward pekala | February 16, 2016 at 10:05 am |

they should of put a apple in his mouth and roasted him food for the year

• This is simple He should have to pay the system back for everything! food stamps, cash assistance,healthcare,everything!! I myself am sick of paying for people to go out to restaurants!! I don’t go out to eat even all you can eat!! So if he wins pay us back every dime!!

• He wouldn’t look that if he has any self control.

• Nancy . What if His mom or a friend gave him the money to go out to eat?
      Just because you re on welfare doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be allowed to go out to dinner once and awhile. But 50 pounds of food is ridiculous. Obesity is a horrible disease. However, you need to learn self control.

• yeah so, its selfish assholes like this guy who ruin everything good for the rest of us. learn some self control you waste of life.

• Stop eating Nancy’s tax dollars! For god’s sake.

• I agree with Nancy and whoever is writing offensive postings by calling her a bitch on public media has got a big problem.

• Tax-Paying Citzen | February 17, 2016 at 3:50 pm |

Forsure Nancy and some of these people knows what’s up he is a obese no life with nothing better to do than eat and sue people who tells him he can’t eat. Frauding welfare fat ass. Please die of a heart attack

• Michelle Welchman | February 17, 2016 at 6:13 pm |

Nancy, you are an ignormous liberal left wing Obama supportung cunt.Go eat a bag if dicks. Sounds like you have not had any for awhile. Give the poor guy a fucking break. Yeah? Its not his fault he is very obese. Obesity us not laziness. More often than not it could be anything from inherited to numerous medical conditions. Since the article did not say, we can’t assume or know what his medical situation. Besides its none of your or our business. Don’t worry about your precious tax money, Bernie Sanders will make sure you pay so much more taxes. Cunts like you should. Besides, by the time this man is done suing the fillings out of this managers teeth and the Golden Corral Corporation, he will have more than enough to get a barriatric surgery to help him loose his,weight and get healthy. This all on your tax dollar…wish I was his lawyer. I would see to it that he owned the place.
      Lease, keys and all.. and cunts like you never allowed to go there. So there deal with that…cunt. Lol

• Agree with Nancy. Welfare recipients should not be using their dollars to eat out…and this guy should not be eating out anyway.

• Stop saying people on welfare shouldn't go to an all you can eat buffet | February 19, 2016 at 1:19 pm |

An all you can eat buffet is a cheap place to get a lot of food. Many homeless and poor people save up their money and spend a whole day there. If I was poor an all you can eat buffet would be where I go. $20-$40 for all the food I can eat from morning till night. For a poor or homeless person that might be all they get to eat for days at a time. Going to an all you can eat buffet just makes sence. And it’s not because he’s obese. I (being a slightly heavy-set man with a wrestler/linemen build and 5’8″) could easily eat 60 pounds of food over the course of seven hours.

2. You can live on welfare and be that fat?

• Peter Kruchowski | February 14, 2016 at 10:44 am |

Welfare checks change from state to state but the average amount of food stamps someone can get is about $22 dollars a week. You can buy a lot more junk food on that than healthy food.

• $222 a week?!?! No sir, you’re mistaken. That’s monthly if they’re getting full benefits.
      I am on EBT in Southern California and I get less than $200 a month for groceries. $222 a week, you’re talking out of your ass.

• Clara where has anyone said $222 per week? I think it’s you who is talking out their ass.

• honestly I think the employees and manager need to be praised.they might have saved this guys lif at least for a little while. hopefully when he goes to court the judge tells him that the lawsuit is unreasonable and due to the fact that he wasnt charged for the meal, actually ate the equivalence of more than 10 people could normally ingest he should be forced to pay not only for the meal but at least 10 times the amount, plus charged with loitering.probably has a handicapped sticker so he can park close.This is proof that people his size dont have a thyroid problem they have a eating problem

• Clara, time to get a better job and get off EBT.

• I get $540 every 2 weeks from centrelink I’ve been getting this for about 4 years now I am required to look for a job or study in order to get this money but I don’t. There is also a work for the dole scheme where I am required to attend a workplace for a set amount of hours per week, I don’t do this either and still receive my $540 every 2 weeks. STRAYA.

• Sicklad
      You have made my day.
      Keep up the good work

• in sc i know folks – couples getting 675 a month- so yes you can…..

• You're a cunt | February 15, 2016 at 8:57 pm |

You fucking obese fucks overreacting as usual. Robby, no that’s not what anyone is saying. If you’re legitimately disabled, then yeah whatever, but if have a pussy ass injury like a broken tail bone…come on now. I know people that have lost their leg, but remained on jump status for another ten years…actually doing it with full equipment too. Also, why have I never seen an obese fuck in the three years I’ve lived in Europe? Answer that one…

• you’re a cunt, not only that, but when is the last time anybody has saw an obese Amish person. Obesity is not an illness or a medical problem, it is pure laziness.

• Just doing gods work John, just doing gods work.

• Right Clara but they get fuel asst., section 8 housing, daycare paid,if rt hey have children. Numerous benefits besides just food stamps and cash asst!

• These people get a lot more then just food stamps! They get free Healthcare which btw costs a fortune!! I see people like him everyday come to the ER for a damn sore throat! If I go to the ER it costs me a 3000 dollar deductible!! So I’d have a heart attack first because at least my damn funeral will be covered by the life insurance “I” pay for! And everyday you see these losers come in for ridiculous non life threatening things and the bill be taking care of by us taxpayers! We definitely need a welfare overhaul!! I’m sick of this!!

• If he was thin then it would be an outrage.these people who claim their tax dollars shut the fuck up,when you need something or your family then its don’t bitch about giving these politicians and giant companies your tax dollars which is alot more than welfare ever will be,and what at 8.25 an hour how much taxes are you paying.get a life selfish asses

• He’s just a fat cunt. He’ll be dead with any luck before it goes to court.

• Hold on a second….Clara…ur on EBT/food stamps but u have a computer?!?!?! What is this world coming to? Cant afford to buy food but you have money to pay for a computer and internet service?

• Should he have been sitting there for 7 hours eating? No. But as an adult he is free to do as he chooses..whether its healthy or not. The advertisment states “all you can eat” not “all you can eat up to ___ hours”. If there is a restriction there should be some visible note of it made within the restaurant. I’m not agreeing that he is right for sitting there for 7 hours while stating he was ” still hungry” when he left.. Because that is impossible; I just agree that they shouldn’t have made him leave. The fact that he is government welfare should be irrelevant.

• Linda Martin | February 17, 2016 at 7:49 pm |

Oh yes, while we lived on assistance we did go out to eat on occasion. That was our treat every now and then. Or I would buy the Little Caesar’s two for the price of one and bring it home. My rent was always paid as well as my electric bill and any other bill. You have to learn to manage your money and cut corners wherever you can.

3. Disgusting egocentric fat fuck …

• Your comments aren’t helpful to anyone. What is spreading meanness going to do except make it very clear that you are obviously deeply unhappy with yourself? I hope you feel better soon and can open your heart before your mouth next time.

• Benzopal I agree with you he is a fat fuck and needs to address his weight problem

• Benzopal: I couldn’t have said it any better myself

• average income in the state of MASS for welfare is 55k a year. so all you shut the fuck up. read the facts.

• Yes, this fat f’er has been riding the pity gravy train far too long. He’s got this far because of bleeding hearts like MAGGIE commenting here. If you open your heart, this f’er would probably eat it, too.

• Ronny Fucktard | February 15, 2016 at 11:14 pm |

I bet you not one plate had vegetables on it that he got from a separate dish. I bet he did not have one salad the entire time he was there. I would’ve kicked his fatass out of the buffet around the 2 hour mark.

• My 10 year old weighs about 65 pounds so basically the amount of food he ate
      Is equivalent tho the weight of a human kid.I think that is just gross

4. robertbduffersr | February 13, 2016 at 8:34 pm | Reply

This person needs to get a free airplane ride where people need to eat.Places where there is little or no food.He could feed at least 50 persons with his ripe body.Hongery people would love him for a week of free eating. This should be his law suit by the judge awarded to the poor man who ate to much.This is a FAT HUNGRY BITCH

• Best and most honest comment lol i agree

• This man needs about 3-4 seats on an airplane …not cheap…..

• This guy needs to be sent to a fat camp by means of a cargo plane while being strapped to a wooden pallet.I love how unemployed lazy ashes get on these boards and wanna talk smack about being a complete waste of a human life while trying to correct someone who actually owns a computer. Let’s brag about being a drain on society….yaaaaa!

• Operation Dumbo Drop

• leave the poor man alone, he enjoys his food.