Catholic Priest Wakes Up From Coma After 17 Months, Converts To Islam

old-man

Jakarta | A catholic priest from the island of Java in Indonesia who has woken up from a 17 month long coma has converted himself to Islam after the man claims Allah spoke to him and showed him “the beauty of the heavens”.

The 87-year old priest from Spain has lived and preached on the island for more then 43 years and is fluent in Javanese and various dialects of the different ethnic groups of the island and is a well known and respected figure amongst all religious groups of the area.

The man who has suffered a cardiac arrest while helping local volunteers to fix the roof of his own church and fell an incredible two stories high has managed to survive and come out of his coma, in brittle shape, yet a changed man.

preaching

Priest Eduardo Vincenzo Maria Gomez weeks before his tragic accident

“I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Quran but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” told the newly convert to a journalist of the Kalimantan Press.

The man who miraculously suffers no spinal injury should be able to walk soon, admits the physician who took care of him at South Jakarta’s Metropolitan Medical Centre. “This must be the strongest 80-year old I have ever seen. His bones should be smashed to pieces” ponders Jim Won May, who has practiced medecine for over twenty years.

His conversion to Islam took most of his church followers by surprise, but interestingly enough, already half of his christian followers have showed interest in converting to Islam. “If Allah is the true God, I don’t want to be misled in the wrong direction on judgement day. I trust Father Eduardo. We all believe in him” explains one of his followers.

The priest who is still under medical attention has already ordered the construction of a new mosque and his followers are already hard at work to find the funds necessary for the task. “We owe it to Father Eduardo for all he has done for us” comments one of the devotees of the old catholic church, that is now for sale.

37 Comments on "Catholic Priest Wakes Up From Coma After 17 Months, Converts To Islam"

1. Shk Mukasa Abdallah | October 11, 2014 at 3:54 am | Reply

The conversion of Fr.Eduardo is a clear testimony that Allah guides whomever He wants!!

2. Muhammad Asri Yahya | October 11, 2014 at 3:39 am | Reply

SubhanAllah!

3. luper atau bahlol | October 11, 2014 at 2:53 am | Reply

#luper Does he said Allah appeared infront of him? he clearly said gates of heaven appeared before me and God told him…he could hear by the voice..

• Ibrahim. U claimed prophet Muhammad saw Allah in hadith qudusi but you didn’t bring the hadith. Saying the prophet didn’t see Allah will not change his position of who he was, pls. Do not be excessive in the deen.

4. luper atau bahlol | October 11, 2014 at 2:52 am | Reply

#luper Does he said Allah appear infront of him? he clearly said gates of heaven appeared before me and God told him…he could hear by the voice..

• It is in no way possible, based on Islamic teachings, that a MAN can see God. When Moses was spoken to, he asked to see God and then God revealed himself to a mountain which crumbled. This was an example so no one claims to see god, even prophet Muhammed p.b.u.h. I am just contradicting comments which stated otherwise, not the article, because from what I understood, he did not claim to have seen God.

• @Ahsan: He didn’t see “Allah”but heard his voice. On the other side, we cannot come to judgement that “No body”can see Allah before the judgment day. Because our prophet said that there is no more messengers to the world as Islam completes the requirement. If the “Allah” wants appear in front of any body, “Allah”can appear – it is because – nobody can stop Allah of what Allah decides.

5. “I know nothing of Islam. Never once have I read the Quran but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” I find serious fault with this, no one has seen allah, not even the prophet(pbuh).

The priest who is still under medical attention has already ordered the construction of a new mosque and his followers are already hard at work to find the funds necessary for the task. “We owe it to Father Eduardo for all he has done for us” comments one of the devotees of the old catholic church, that is now for sale’.” I also don’t understand this, the man has never read the quran before what is he doing with this exactly?

• Toufiq Ul Alam | October 11, 2014 at 5:56 am |

Are you sure that Prophet pbuh did not see?

Well, one thing for sure, if Allah appears in front of anyone, then it IS HIS will to APPEAR in front of whomever HE chooses to appear.

I am a Muslim and I know how bad of a Muslim I am. I am ashamed of myself that I have not done any good practice of Islam myself. It is a wake up call for me.

Allah said that if Muslims will not work of “inviting to good deeds and forbidding of Bad deeds” then Allah will give guidance to the people and make them Muslims and Give them this work.

It is time that MUSLIMS wake up. Because, others are waking up, and we are falling back in the line that goes to Heaven.

It is not a matter of seeking proof cause it has already been proven.

• Kashif Siddiqui | October 11, 2014 at 8:20 am |

“Allah “Spoke” to him…. Didn’t appear in front of him.

• Ruper, you are right to state that the Prophet Muhammed has not seen Allah. But the article neither states or confirms that the priest had seen Allah, but merely heard His Voice. I respect your scepticism, however let it be one that is based on facts rather than assumption.

• Emm Ess Wakeel | October 11, 2014 at 1:25 pm |

even in the bible jesus called the creator “Allah”. Jesus said, “ELI ELI lama sabachthani” meaning “GOD GOD why have YOU forsaken me?” marks 15:34 and mathew 27:46. The word “ELI” is homonym to “ALLAH”. The bible was not revealed in english but in hebrew whilejesus preached in aramaic and the name of the creator in hebrew is “ELOAH”. ELOAH exactly sound ALLAH. Did jesus call the creator GOD? Where do the christians find the name GOD? Also in bible revelation 19:1-6, ALLELUIA=ALLELU-IA also “IA” is pronounce as YA, Therefore ALLELU-IA= ALLELU-YA. Mind you “YA” is used in semite language both arabic and hebrew and the meaning of “YA” is “OH” both in arabic and hebrew. Therefore ALLELU-YA=ALLELU-OH Which means “OH ALLAHU”, “YA ALLAHU”. From the above you will know that even in the bible the name of the creator is “ALLAH”. I spoke with many Israeli people who are in Hebrew religion they all call the creator “ALLAH”. They told me that’s the name of the creator in torah, talmud, the pentateuchs and also in the bible. One of them told me that the creator is also called ELSHADAI, JEHOVAH, ESHU etc etc.Prophet Muhammad told us that the creator has many names, there are some which no one knows only the creator HIMSELF know them. Therefore “Allah” is the famous, noble and most notable nameof the creator called by all His messengersand prophets. Ka’aba was built by patriarch Abraham and there’s no any idolinside. Because, islam forbid even carving an object which resemble human being. The christians carved the structure of crucified jesus and hang in churches, is that not an idol? Is the carved structure of crucified jesus not an idol? Such act is highly prohibited in Islam. Therefore there’s nothing like idol in the houses of muslims and their mosques not to talk of ka’aba.

• ALLAH brings on his way who he want,
      and turn his way out who he wants.

Read it in the quran,there is the answer.

(ibrahim surah)

• waqas siddiqi | October 12, 2014 at 2:07 am |

he said he heard Allah… he saw heaven heard Allah n converted. Allah gave dawa. the king of thr world.. ceause we we couldnt do it.. he must be a very pious person. I have nothing but respect for this guy. may Allah give me a dteam like this ameen

• I suggest you learn to read ! .Remember God died… Christianity

• Mr.Luper poiont of correction there is an Haddis Kudisi which stat that prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H)has physicaly seen almighty Allah not once but ten times due to prophet Moses been sudjusting to him to go back for a reductiont of salat which is fity time been mandated to him to us for daily prayers which was cut down to five.So please my fellow brother in islam i wish you make research before commenting what you don’t know there is also Ayat which also prove it in Suratul Nurr.Our beloved prophet is more than what you think he is!!!may Allah give us more knorledge and understanding.

• Emm Ess Wakeel, your take on Biblical Hebrew is way off the mark.

“Eli, Eli” means “My God, My God” and not “God, God”. The root word here is “El”, which is the contraction for Elohim”. The suffix “i”, which is “y” is Hebrew” is a first person possessive pronoun “of me”

God in Biblical Hebrew is commonly referred in the plural form, which is Elohim. Eloah is a singular form.

Biblical Elohim has one Name and it is not “God” or “Elohim” or “Eloah” or “El-Shadai”. For those are merely titles.

The Name of Elohim, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob is called Yahweh (YHWH).

The islamic “allah” is a contraction for “al-ilah”, which means “the god”. It is not a name per se. Hindu Krishna is also called the god. And there are many gods in Hindu religion. Just because their gods are called gods doesn’t prove that they are all gods of the Bible.

Apparently, this proves that this priest was misguided by the spirit of the dark force when he claimed the god he saw told him his name is “allah”. That’s not a name. That’s a confused entity that couldn’t even differentiate between a name a a title.

At least the Hindu god Krishna or Siva for that matter, has a name besides being intelligent enough to know the difference between a name and a title.

Your parsing of “ALLELU-IA= ALLELU-YA” also shows that you’re likewise so misguided.

The Biblical Hebrew word is הַלְּלוּיָהּ. Pronounced as “halleluyah”.

The root verb here is hallal from which hallelu is derived and is the second-person imperative masculine plural form of this Hebrew verb. It’s an exhortation to the people to praise.

The “Yah”, which is suffixed to the word “hallelu”, is a contraction of the Name of Hebrew God Yahweh (YHWH).

Therefore, halleluyah simply means an exhortation for the people to praise Yahweh.

• He didn’t say he saw God, he said God spoke to him.

• there is no other religion than Christianity every thing else came from Christianity

• salaam al sheeda | October 13, 2014 at 4:55 pm |

This man was given insights from the prophet to correct the mistakes of Islam that men have attached throughout the century.
      We must listen to him and do whatever he says to do.
      We must now face west to pray, the Kaaba must be rebuilt into a triangular shape and painted green.
      Ramadan shall now be a time for feasting on roasted pork.
      Men will now be required to cover themselves from head to toe.

• he never said he saw Allah.

• Please read what he is saying, “The gates of heaven opened before me and “GOD TOLD ME HIS NAME”.

There is no mention of him “seeing god”

• but God spoke to me and asked me to follow him to the heavens and the Holy light shone through my entire being and behold the golden gates of heaven appeared before me and God told me his name and it was Allah” Please point out where he state HE saw Allah swt?, nt once in his comment he states he SAW allah swt.

He only state told,spoke not SEEN or saw. please read it properly.

• Shan, what is the aramaic word for GOD? being that Jesus spoke aramaic what did he call GOD and does he ever refer to God as YHWH?

• InshaALLAH ALLAh will guide you too.

• He did not say he SAW Allah, did he now?

• This proves 2 things. 1. Satan will deceive wherever he can. As this only required deception (Allah’s forte), this was easy. 2. I think most Catholics follow the RELIGION (man made) of the Church. Catholic doctrine collides with what is written. This man obviously had no relationship with Jesus, or he never would have converted. I have heard many testimonies of people who have seen the throne room of God the Father, with Jesus sitting on his right side. In Indonesia many miracles are happening in Jesus name. Unfortunately, Islam allows no one to leave it, the penalty is death. ISIS is obeying all the Islamic scriptures, and force conversion or death. How sad for these Catholics. They have still not found God.

• Stop saying what u don’t know who told you prophet Mohammed S A w did not see Allah come to my class i will teach u both Qur’an and Hadith which testify that

• The blessed prophet peace be upon him saw Allah with his own eyes as stated in the had it when the prophet went on the night journey called Miraaj where he was taken to the seventh heaven and beyond from masjid Al Aqsa in Jerusalem on the heavenly transport called Buraaq

• My brother we don’t have ability to see Almighty Allah…u didn’t know eesa A.S(Jesus) said…go through Bible…over all 1 Lac 26 thousands are came on earth one of them are Jesus…that was present in quran…every prophecy have one holy book…last book of sky is quran…if u want to know Islam plz know about clearly about Jesus automatically Islam understands and who is muhammed S.a.w(pbuh). He is last prophecy…and last generation of earth

• Ghulam Murtaza | December 31, 2016 at 9:01 am |

1-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) have seen Allah.
      2-I don’t think he said “I saw God” but rather he said “I heard from God”

• He did not mention seeing God. He only said God spoke to him.