200 Million Years Old Dinosaur Egg Hatches in Berlin Museum

dinosaur-egg-hatching
Facebook304926Twitter1737Google+208Pinterest0Email

Berlin| A malfunction with the heating system of the Museum für Naturkunde (or Museum of Natural History) had some unforeseen consequences, as a Gasosaurus egg dating from the Jurassic period ended up hatching, giving birth to the first dinosaur to see the daylight in more than 100 million years.

The egg which was believed to be petrified was preserved in a small storage room situated right next to the boiler room. When the system started overheating a few weeks ago, it seems to have surprisingly initiated the incubation process, leading the egg to hatch.

«This is an incredible opportunity for science» explains Gunther Warburg, paleobiologist at the museum. «The Gasosaurus is classified as a carnivorous tetanuran dinosaur of the therapod family originating from China. It remained a mystery because all we had to study upon were a few remains. But now we have a live one! I feel like I’m in Jurassic Park the movie! » explains the specialist, visibly enthusiast.

The specimen has already been transfered to the Berlin Zoo, where it can be studied in a secure environment. A few facts have already been made public concerning the creature, including it’s size and weight, allegedly 41 centimeters tall with a weight of 11 kilograms.

Facebook304926Twitter1737Google+208Pinterest0Email
Related Topics

Readers Comments

1. Juvki Flurivski on March 7, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

Amazing…hope to see more facts on this subject

• Dr. jones on March 8, 2014 at 11:16 pm said:

This is actually not the first time a dinosaur has been hatched… There are in fact quite a few hatcheries off the Ivory Coast

• Steve on March 10, 2014 at 4:06 pm said:

Actually dinosaurs are being born everyday, they are called BIRDS!!!

• Dr. J. Hammond on March 11, 2014 at 4:24 pm said:

When our guests arrived we gave them a tour of the facilty. Unfortunately, shortly after their arrival our power went out due to a violent storm. (It was later deduced this was not the storm but infact foul-play.) This caused all of our security systems to go down. All of our cloned dinosaurs conformed to their insticts and escaped. Many people died that day, but it was all covered up by the government.

Dr. John Hammond of JPU

• Chris on May 31, 2014 at 8:18 pm said:

Dinotopia hits the mainland!!!

• Stephen on July 2, 2014 at 12:08 am said:

I wonder if it taste’s like chicken?

• victor on August 11, 2014 at 7:22 pm said:

vic – oh men, its just a lizard.. there are lots of them in our house..

2. Andrew on March 7, 2014 at 7:46 pm said:

it’s in berlin!
    no do-do it says heating system.
    temperature must be ‘maintained’, not just lowered.

3. hesvey on March 7, 2014 at 10:49 pm said:

if we use a (-) dash after between “20″ and “million”, that’s when we use YEAR, not years. e.g, “20-million year” vs “20 million years”.

4. this is some viral shit

5. Timothy Huang on March 8, 2014 at 1:54 am said:

Ha, they just want to beat us with only 5 million years. I found the 195 mya Lufengosaurus embryo from Lufeng, Yunnan, China back in 2003. Our Nature cover paper was published on April 11, 2013. Please check it up. Organic remains were found in these embryonic bones.

6. Angelo Daniel on March 8, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

oh men DINOSuARs eat peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Anthony Lazu on March 8, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

wow amazing if its really alive i hope they dont kill the last one of its kind and let it grow maybe it can be taught a thing or two

• Yeah. That’s what I thought. Maybe we can pet it? lol

• Luke Stogden on June 28, 2014 at 11:15 am said:

They cannot kill the last of its kind because it is illegal, it is classed as genocide

GG world

• Guillermo on July 3, 2014 at 5:24 am said:

plus it will die anyway no other of its species remains to reproduce and survive.

Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.
      section: Survival of the fitest

• dsfudsf on July 18, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

I’m pretty much sure is “Survival of the Dumbest” nowadays

8. swaggadactyl on March 8, 2014 at 5:16 pm said:

i can’t wait to buy my in pterodactyl and name it the swaggadactyl

9. valerie laxton on March 9, 2014 at 2:58 am said:

Depends on what? condition the specimen was in. where? The specimen was found such as in the Artic. And If the specimen was ever taken out of it’s Icy grave when transported to the Berlin Museum. Dinosaur fossils are found all over the world all in different condition. If they are found in the Artic or Antarctic where the temperatures are well below 0 than it may be possible to find dinosaur fossil’s with some or all tissue still attached to the bone. This would carry the dinosaur DNA which could be used for study..

10. tina on March 9, 2014 at 3:06 am said:

wonder if this baby dino still alive

11. Chris on March 9, 2014 at 3:41 am said:

Yeah that pic is pretty darn close

12. Hugh E. Rection on March 9, 2014 at 5:01 am said:

I knew it I just knew it! And everyone called me crazy, they said it was impossible.. all it took was a boiler room!!

13. Denzel on March 9, 2014 at 6:15 am said:

Let that Grow so That we will have Dinosaurs Again :)

• Guillermo on July 3, 2014 at 5:26 am said:

it will die there is no other of its species remains to reproduce and survive.

Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.
      section: Survival of the fitest

• Well, yeah, but they could clone it and alter the DNA to become a different gender

14. what da!!!!!!how could it be possible?

15. xxuenii on March 9, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

I think someone accidentally broke the egg (and trying to use the heating system as an excuse ;D). But hey! doesnt mean the dino inside is alive ya?

16. Tweet on March 9, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

looks real… and i hope it’s not.. and if it’s real.. i think it’s better not to be too curious and just exterminate it before it exterminates us

17. sweety on March 10, 2014 at 2:16 am said:

Wheeeee????di ngah

18. its not to far from the truth… lung fish can live for over 20 ears with out water.. there is a species of turtle thats egg will lay dormant till there is a flood and only then will it hatch, sometimes waiting for more then 80 years

19. thats it….. i hv tkcall upon Ultraman ifvthis thing starts destroying cities

20. Pingback: GOTCHA! | The Professional Heckler

21. because it is on this site?

22. Kursat on March 10, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Denver the last dinosaur!!!

23. luplup on March 10, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

shur oi, baki man ni

24. Jinny on March 10, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

lol wtf cool!

25. cj allyn on March 10, 2014 at 4:26 pm said:

BURN IT WITH FIRE NOW
    thats how Jurassic park happens
    if this is real it needs to stay extinct

26. we must consult the helix fossil

27. Daenerys Targaryen on March 10, 2014 at 7:27 pm said:

It’s true! I traded the life of my Khal and our unborn son for this Gasseosaurus

28. Brandon Zimmerman on March 10, 2014 at 11:10 pm said:

Haha America would have already taken that crap and covered it up already lol.

29. This is amazing, wow this is a great day

30. It’s a barracobarmersaur

31. Rocio Alexandra on March 11, 2014 at 2:55 am said:

It’s a damn DIESEL chicken, that’s about it okay people!!! The mother ain’t some cocaine and nuggets while pregnant…..LMFAO

32. ATI UR RAHMAN on March 11, 2014 at 3:48 pm said:

A great invention but things will change one day and people are going to find out a new creature in this world…soon..

33. CHARLIE on March 11, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

ALL RIGHT!!! WE WILL HAVE A HUNTING SEASON FOR THESE CRITTERS AND THE GOVERNMENT WILL MAKE MILLIONS SELLING HUNTING LICENCSES. ITS THE NOW OBAMACARE!!!!

34. Timodeous on March 11, 2014 at 7:40 pm said:

Wow… Jurassic Park IV – Velociraptor VS Encino Man

35. Dr. J. Hammond on March 11, 2014 at 8:16 pm said:

I’ll have everyone on here know that dinosaurs do exist. Back in 1993 I was the founder and CEO of a bioengineering company called InGen. Our laboratory was on Isla Nublar, a tropical island near Costa Rica. We were actually able to replicate and clone dinosaur DNA and in our first trial we were able to successfully clone a velociraptor. However, for those of you who know anything about herpetology; reptiles grow very quickly and one of our technicians were killed. After a law suit was filed against us by our investors we had to bring in some of the worlds leading scientists to deem our facility safe – Mathematician Ian Malcolm, paleontologist Dr. Alan Grant and paleobotanist Dr. Ellie Sattler.

When our guests arrived we gave them a tour of the facilty. Unfortunately, shortly after their arrival our power went out due to a violent storm. (It was later deduced this was not the storm but in fact foul-play.) This caused all of our security systems to go down. All of our cloned dinosaurs conformed to their instincts and escaped. Many people died that day, but it was all covered up by the government.

Dr. John Hammond of JPU

36. Randy Norfleet on March 11, 2014 at 9:13 pm said:

I wonder if it related to the Graboid that tunneled up under the Corvette museum in Kentucky?

37. Randy Carpetner on March 11, 2014 at 9:48 pm said:

Alan Grant in going to go nuts!

38. not to mention the color and texture of the skin

39. Thats it!!! I WILL OPEN FUNS FOR JURASSIC PARK. :)

40. steven on March 12, 2014 at 12:29 am said:

this is real just becuase it sounds like it cant happen doesnt mean it didnt its possible if it snowed in june then thats possible

41. 100% real. And if you send me $50 I will send you more up close pics.

42. life found a way.

43. boobookitty on March 12, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

can you imagine, if it were a fact to study a live specimen like that, it looks from the Raptor Family or the T-Rex family we would be in great danger…..Stupid people…..dumb.

44. Gohar on March 12, 2014 at 6:46 pm said:

It is not only the heat which helps hatching but its place has to be changed regularly during hatching period.In Pakistan all eggs placed at store should be hatched due to un express able heat in summer.

45. I didn’t know the best way to maintain something for 100million years was dinosaur eggs. Do away with sub cooling systems just invest in the material,that a dinosaur egg consists of.

46. ceiswyn on March 12, 2014 at 11:34 pm said:

A little learning is a dangerous thing…

Those who have been speculating about deep-frozen dinosaurs may want to refresh their understanding of plate tectonics and climate history. Clue: there is no place on Earth that has been continually frozen since the Mesozoic era.

Also, deep frozen mammoth originate from about 12,000 years ago. Compared to dinosaurs, that’s basically yesterday.

47. marvin on March 12, 2014 at 11:43 pm said:

Do NOT MOVE-Dont even breath lol- rrrawwww

48. Life…ah..ah..finds a way!

Jurassic Park…here we come.

49. Gabriel cortez on March 13, 2014 at 12:58 am said:

It was cool

50. cpt_bs on March 13, 2014 at 4:26 am said:

And did you know Obama Care will actually save you up to $2500 per year on you medical bills. And did you know that Obama is the most popular man on earth within the last 2million years!!!

51. Gots my elephant gun and whiskey. Just waiting

52. nate nelson on March 13, 2014 at 7:57 pm said:

are wold is going to end by 200 Million Years Old Dinosaur Egg Hatches in Berlin Museum

53. Courtney on March 13, 2014 at 8:47 pm said:

I mean..alligators and crocs are considered dinosaurs and the komodo dragon which is a dinosaur on all fours..its a toss up if there was a follow up and then it was on the news then id believe it

54. Maxamillion Life on March 13, 2014 at 11:46 pm said:

This is the new religion, I know of reptiles to live today but not a dinosaor. I have to clone this creature immediately for science purposes. Send me a email to tell me about more stuff like this @ Dracoprince888@gmail.com

55. vergil on March 14, 2014 at 2:09 am said:

u already meeting dinosaur daily the bird is the decedent of dinosaur

56. Read ‘The latest’ scrolling above…..

57. javan spence on March 14, 2014 at 4:29 am said:

Dinosaur was taken to the sri Lankan Zoo. go and have a look….3 weeks now…

58. Tommy on March 14, 2014 at 9:31 pm said:

Yeah! About as real as Bush’s weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Lets be nice okay.

59. Liudmila Joy- vasuta on March 14, 2014 at 9:57 pm said:

SEND HIM RO PUTIN WHEN HE GROWS UP!!!!!

60. James on March 15, 2014 at 2:14 am said:

I think Daenerys must have lost one of her eggs!

61. Life found a way…

62. REAL!!!!!!!!!

63. danny boy on March 15, 2014 at 2:24 pm said:

Oh really pathe !!!!

64. Ankit Tomar on March 15, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

since 1000 years he’s been doing potty inside his Egg

65. Godzilla!!!

66. New evidence for warm-blooded dinosaurs
    Date:
    July 17, 2013
    Source:
    University of Adelaide
    Summary:
    A scientist in Australia has shown new evidence that dinosaurs were warm-blooded like birds and mammals, not cold-blooded like reptiles as commonly believed. The researchers argues that cold-blooded dinosaurs would not have had the required muscular power to prey on other animals and dominate over mammals as they did throughout the Mesozoic period.

67. Namee on March 18, 2014 at 1:37 am said:

Godzilla!!

68. Ashanae Seymore on March 18, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

yo tihis is crazy and creepy at the same time.

69. NeNe-pretty always on March 18, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

WoW… this is crazy because this dinosoaur live 200 Million years eating what.

70. The Clever Brain on March 18, 2014 at 3:57 pm said:

Oh my god! I just cannot believe that a dinosaur 200 year-old egg hatches in this universe!! I mean that dinosaurs do not exit any more and an egg hatches!! Please save the dinosaur! Let it grow! Let the world be full of dinosaurs again! Let them rule the Earth again!

-The Clever Brain-

71. Bruce on March 19, 2014 at 1:31 am said:

Well let’s see what this little one of a kind critter tastes like!!

72. Perma-High on March 19, 2014 at 2:04 am said:

yaaay my dreams are coming true but also maybe my nightmares ;p

73. Antonio on March 19, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

If it’s a t-Rex teach it to eat plants not meat

74. dylan harris on March 22, 2014 at 10:29 pm said:

this is as believeable as the bible

75. Gabby on March 23, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

Considering I breed birds, this can actually be plausible. Eggs can be stored and incubated later on. I don’t know if it is possible to do that over this long of a time but…hey, never know. lol

76. chris on March 31, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

Jesus is real he just aint been around here in a while

77. Someone Stupid on March 31, 2014 at 11:22 pm said:

I agree with you, Elmer. First Obama saves us all tons of money on health care, then kills his twin Osama, and now he’s hatched a dino egg for us. Best prez ever!

78. Einstein on March 31, 2014 at 11:39 pm said:

Obama Osama. It’s all the same to me. From one dictator to the next.

79. Weren’t we talking about dinosours…

80. I_WANNA_COOKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on April 1, 2014 at 11:48 pm said:

I bet that they will find someway to make it have baby’s, so there will be more of them. I don’t know how, but they will.

81. Cameron on April 12, 2014 at 4:50 am said:

I’m sure there was some dude named Jesus at one point in time.

82. Teresa Langford on April 20, 2014 at 8:48 pm said:

and we see Godzilla next…..right LOL

• I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you
      spend a lot of time writing, i know how to
      save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates unique, google friendly posts in seconds, just type in google – laranitas free
      content

my weblog … Deanna

83. catie on May 17, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

So when even if it is real what about when it grows and has eggs and the eggs hatch and grow and the have eggs and so on WHAT R U SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT THEM!!!!!!

84. Jmess on May 24, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

They better be careful, I once created dinosaurs using frog and dinosaur DNA that I took from a mosquito that was trapped in tree sap. I then built a park on an island where i created all kids of dinosaur life, but during a large storm and because of a disgruntled employee the dinosaurs escaped and ate people, I barely escaped with my life. This also spawned 2 sequels enabling the dinosaurs to cause lots of trouble. Its a dangerous game to play. As a good friend once said “Life will find a way”

85. Taqi Changezi on May 28, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

Put some T-rex eggs I that room …

86. Animal on May 29, 2014 at 8:06 pm said:

WTF
    IS DIS REAL

87. PokeMan on May 30, 2014 at 12:43 am said:

its a pokemon

88. Steve on May 31, 2014 at 3:53 pm said:

Hey, you think i could order one at a local Petco : )

89. Steve M Goytia on June 1, 2014 at 8:30 pm said:

We’ll probably be able to buy one at our local Petco in a few years & Watch some dummy buy one for a pet then get eatin up lol “just thought I’d share a thought” lol

90. Giuseppa on June 2, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

ma è vera la notizia?
    O.o

91. Conrad on June 2, 2014 at 6:40 pm said:

I hope this Dinosuar is a female so it could lay 10 eggs then they grow and the zoo sent some of them to the world but then a few years later the Dinosuars are eating us but we got Dinosuar cops that have a new weapon called Capture D. that nets them 9 times but i don’t know that will happened they should make a real Jarrasic park with rollercoaster and ill see someone get eaten by a dinosaur lol.

92. DinosuarDickFace on June 2, 2014 at 6:45 pm said:

I hope you Should die Conrad first no one will ever survive that rollercoaster ride! That is gonna get bloody Lol

• conrad on June 2, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

ill go down when the plan is set MUHAHAHA!!!

• conrad on June 2, 2014 at 6:53 pm said:

I will find you then i will make you feed my Gasosuarus to kill you mahahahahahah and I also wanna say Yuor username sucks why would the dinosuar do that is it becuase they loved to hump you hahah!

• DinosuarDickFace on June 3, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

Fuck You Asshole I hope My Godzilla Will raost you as my breakfast mahahhahahaha and just I want you to know Youll never find me and i have your Mama so i have to feed it to my Godzilla so it will be bloody

• conrad on June 3, 2014 at 6:35 pm said:

Man A Godzilla I hope i have 2 Mecha Godzilla to beat your Godzilla then ill see get squished Mahahahahhaha then i put your dead body and hang it to the park and said ‘Conrad Beats Dinosuar Dicks Forever P.S youll be next if you be mean to me” Mahahahhaa

• Nick on June 3, 2014 at 6:36 pm said:

PS i will kill you all with my 3 godzillas so you shall all DIE!lol

• Nick on June 3, 2014 at 6:38 pm said:

Dinosaurs are awesome

• conrad on June 3, 2014 at 6:40 pm said:

Then i have To summon my Real God the Most powerful Dinosuar in the entire World and it is ‘Yoshi’

Lol

• Nick on June 3, 2014 at 6:41 pm said:

…meh

• Nick on June 3, 2014 at 6:43 pm said:

how did we even get to this battle?

• DinosuarDickFace on June 4, 2014 at 6:17 pm said:

You know what I summon Jesus i win becuase I am White Bitches mahahahaha even jesus has a Nuke to destroy anything in its way hahahah! and you NickTheAsshole Suck!

• Mouse on June 5, 2014 at 6:25 pm said:

Obviously when you call on jesus you win right? WRONG!
      I call the friken dino GOD BUTT HOLE!
      Eat that, taste it, savor the taste, and then DIE!

• conrad on June 5, 2014 at 6:28 pm said:

Really dude you really have to eat his Ass that is totally gross but if you add some cheese to that one becuase your name is Mouse(Not Really Him his real name Is IAMYOURMAMA) lolololollolololol

• conrad on June 5, 2014 at 6:39 pm said:

Then why are you here then hmmm is it becuase you love dinosaurs and let them rule the world and kill us and you Nickthewinner(not Nick hes my friend) ill shall put you in a rocket lock you in there and put tons of explosives around like C-4s,Tnt,Fireworks and the best is putting a nuke at the top ill send to the sky and blow you up and ill say “God bless america” and see your dead burn from the sky people seeing them mahahahahahhahahaha!

93. GODZILLA! on June 17, 2014 at 3:35 pm said:

It’s time….. GODZILLA IS COMING!

94. If you taste good, you are on the way to extinction. eg. Tuna

95. Megan Millsaps on June 22, 2014 at 11:10 pm said:

Dr.Jones send me pictures

96. Omg finaly when I become a astronaut im gonna have a second job and that will be the first owner of a dinosaure zoo and I will give the triceratops to the army for donations and then I will give a t-rex to the poor to help get them free food then imma open up a pet shop to sell baby dinosaures it will be amazing !

97. Ian Malcom on July 7, 2014 at 2:09 am said:

And before you even knew what you had… you patent it, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now… (BANG) You’re selling it (BANG) You wanna sell it! Well…

98. michael on August 8, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Yeaaah, a good idea to keep him alive, and then create clons for it and furthermore let them bread, and furthermore let them destroy us.. what are people thinking about when leaving something like this which would create a threat to the secutity of the whole man kind, to science enternainment!!

99. mykegoh on August 21, 2014 at 3:29 am said:

Those dinosaurs in jurassic park are much older. I visited the park many years ago and smuggled out a baby t-Rex. It’s still in my garage.

100. Tamagochi on August 27, 2014 at 2:05 am said:

This will be the end of Human Race. Dinosaurs will reign again….

101. Henry Haversian on August 30, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

you people are idiots… dinosaurs cant populate because only one dinosaur is born…. can a dinosaur masturbate to get pregnant… how many bottles of sperm will have the weight of a dinosaur sperm… but if this dinosaur is male… oh 1 dinosaur may survive…..